Saturday, March 22, 2008

Aunt Terry and Julie

Our Aunt Terry passed this week. We are all deeply saddened, and our thoughts and prayers go out to Uncle Herbie, and to Dana and Chris.

I'm adding a picture of Aunt Terry and Julie. I wish there were a better one.

Aunt Terry was the most stubbornly cheerful, gleefully ornery and all-around wonderfully spirited person you could ever meet. She embodied Joie de vivre' from the heart of Texas. One could not meet her and not be lightened, if not enlightened. In this way she was so much like Julie. There should be a lot more like her, like them, a lot less like the rest of us. And there should be much more justice in deciding who stays and who goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks Glen! I haven't seen a picture of Aunt Terry for a very long time, yet i have so many fond memories of her when she, uncle Herbie and the kids lived with us at Bumpa's in Brockton. As you, my heart and prayers go out to Uncle Herbie, Dana and Chris and family during this time. Aunt Terry had a great sense of humor! She loved fashion and all the girly stuff you could imagine. Not me, but she still had me doing my nails and hair for dance recitals! My girls would have loved having her around! They did not get to meet Terry but did get to know her.She would call my mom's house and they would be there and she'd chat up a storm with them! She did love to talk! When i told the kids Terry had passed, Hannah said, " Oh yeah, she's my Aunt that calls at Mimi's to chat!" So even though they didn't meet her, she managed to create memories in them too! She spoke her mind and stood up for herself. I can still hear her saying, " Oh Herb!" in her Texas brawl. I use to love when she got all riled up about something and her accent would deepen and get harder to understand and by the end, she had us all laughing. She also had the health issues that we all saw and went through with her back then, but through each episode, she kept smiling, and charged on to keep those around her happy. Just like Jules, she was strong, loving, caring and always making people smile and happy. Again, someone in our lives that has touched us so much, in this wonderful family we have.

Kathie said...

My heart is breaking for you, my prayers go out to you and all the family. You are in my prayers and thoughts daily.
I am Carrie's Mother in law in Seattle, DuWayne's Mom, Kathie.
I just listened to the song on UTube and looked at the wonderful pictures. I am still crying.
I know the Lord will take Julie into his arms and she will be so happy and loved as she has been loved here by all who knew her.
Kathie Brave
SeaTac WA
kackymarie@aol.com